Careers and Education
Northfield Retirement Community has many opportunities for furthering professional development through education or employment.
Registered Nursing Assistant, plus Home Health Aide certifications for the state of Minnesota:
This course, in collaboration with St. Olaf, is designed to help students learn to improve resident quality of life while assisting with daily living tasks. Our intent is to graduate students from the class with the utmost respect, knowledge, and motivation for caring for an elderly population.The up-coming course dates are as follows:
- October 6th – November 12th, 2014: (Mon-Thurs, 4:30pm-7:30pm) Cost: $650.00 Registration deadline: Sept. 26th, 2014
- January 5th – 28th, 2015: NAR Only (Mon-Fri, 3:30pm-7:30pm) Cost: $650.00 Registration deadline: Dec. 22nd, 2014
- April 6th – 29th, 2015: NAR Only (Mon-Fri, 3:30pm-7:30pm) Cost: $650.00 Registration deadline: March 23rd, 2015
- June 8th – 26th, 2015: NAR/HHA (Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm) Cost: $750.00 Registration deadline: May 25th, 2015
- August 3rd – 21st, 2015: NAR/HHA (Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm) Cost: $750.00 Registration deadline: July 20th, 2015
- October 5th – November 19th, 2015: NAR Only (Mon-Thurs, 4:30pm-7:30pm) Cost: $650.00 Registration deadline: Sept. 21st, 2015
Registration forms can be completed and returned to us via mail.
CPR Classes and Certification:
The following classes for CPR certification are being offered in 2014. Pre- registration is required. Classes will be cancelled with 2 or less registrations. The cost of the class is $75.
- September 13th (9am – 1pm) Registration deadline: 8/30/14
- November 8th (9am – 1pm) Registration deadline: (10/25/14)
Please print and complete the current job application form and then email, mail, or drop off the completed application with us. We will get back to you right away with what will likely be a life-changing response.
If you’d like more information about benefits and working conditions, you may also download one of our information documents (Microsoft Word format). Our jobs listing and support documents are updated frequently so be sure to download often. You may also call the contact person listed if you have any other questions about what it takes to become part of our team.
A Great Place to Work
NRC is a great place to work! Just ask our employees. We asked a number of them to give us their honest opinion about how they feel about working here. We think you’ll appreciate their candor and their enthusiasm. Just click on the video interviews and you’ll hear what they had to say.