Northfield Care Center
Northfield Care Center was established in 1969 to provide housing and care choices for older adults in our community. Now the Care Center provides skilled nursing for those requiring 24-hour long-term care and short-term rehabilitation. This service involves health evaluation and treatment of residents who require skilled nursing or rehabilitation staff to manage, observe, and evaluate the resident’s care. It includes nursing services performed by registered nurses (RN), licensed practical nurses (LPN), and nursing assistants.
Residents at Northfield Care Center enjoy a loving, nurturing environment. Staff recognizes the concerns involved with the transition to a care facility and strive to make each move as pleasant an experience as possible. A commitment to excellent service is made to each resident.
Northfield Care Center Offers:
- Ground-level private rooms
- Private bath
- Spacious and well lit common area
- Full service Chapel
- Several lounges
- Dining room
- Beauty-barber shop
- Exercise and activity-craft
- Smoke/Tobacco-free environment
Residents are admitted on the basis of medical needs as ordered by personal physician regardless of race, creed, national origin, age, sex, status with regard to public assistance, or disability. The Minnesota Department of Human Services establishes the daily rate for resident care. Northfield Care Center is a certified provider under Medicare and Medical Assistance.
Included in the daily rates are:
- 24-hour nursing services
- Medication administered as prescribed by each resident’s personal physician
- Three meals daily with individual diets supervised by a registered dietitian
- Housekeeping, laundry and linen services
- Activities designed to encourage interaction and the development of personal skills
- Transportation for social events, special music concerts and holiday observances
- Private family dining opportunities
- A weekly therapeutic whirlpool bath
Additional services on campus include physical, occupational and speech rehabilitation therapies, nurse practitioner coverage, as well as dietitian services provided by skilled professionals.