Registered nursing assistants (NARs) are critical to the success of our care team. They care for patients and aid registered nurses in day-to-day activities, including assisting with:
- Residents' daily tasks
- Bathing, grooming and feeding residents
- Medical checkups and procedures
- Administrative duties
Many nursing assistants use this hands-on experience to prepare them for future jobs in healthcare. Many schools accept CNA work experience as course credit. We invite anyone 15+ years old to register!
Upcoming Course Dates
April 3–May 4, 2017 | Monday–Thursday, 3:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m. | Registration Deadline: March 17, 2017
June 12–30, 2017 | Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–2 p.m. | Registration Deadline: May 26, 2017
July 10–28, 2017 | Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–2 p.m. | Registration Deadline: June 23, 2017
July 31–August 18, 2017 | Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–2 p.m. | Registration Deadline: June 14, 2017
October 2–November 2, 2017 | Monday–Thursday, 3:30 p.m. –7:30 p.m. | Registration Deadline: September 15, 2017
Courses are held on the Northfield Retirement Community campus. (900 Cannon Valley Drive)
Paid Training Program
- Free for newly-hired or long-time NRC employees
- Get paid while you attend class
- One month long
- Two components: classroom and clinical
- Taught by NRC's award-winning care team; curriculum approved by the Minnesota Department of Health
- Plenty of hands-on learning experiences
- Prepares you to take the state certification exam
After passing the exam, you may begin work as a nursing assistant at NRC.
Questions? Email or call 507-664-7353.